Okay first up I want to declare this - I WATCHED HSM ON THE DAY IT WAS RELEASED!
and I don't even know if it's something I should be proud of or not....
but anyway, YES I MUST SAY - HSM GREW ON ME.
I rmb when the first movie came out, I was like...BLAH -.- some disney channel show that 'em spoilt kids with cable have... that 'em tweenies like to act cool and sing along with.. that 'em just-wanna-have-fun brainless bimbos watch in their free time..
when breaking free and we're all in this together started being the no.1 song that EVERYONE in school was singing, I found it annoyingus maximus... but then... the lyrics stuck in my head..and so did the beat...
thus when HSM2 was showing on the SQ flight to US last dec, I decided to give it a shot. Plotless, Pointless show yes... but nevertheless dance and formations were pretty cool (: although there were some pretty lame ones like.. yeah you bet on it, bet on it was one of them.
with all the hype going for hairspray and everything...I couldn't resist the forces of nature and was inevitably swept along. There was just something, yeah SOMETHING in listening to the soundtrack over and over again that made you want more...
Hence by the time HSM 3 came out, I was up and ready to watch it :)
of course, i had my initial doubts.. I mean, how many times can you show a happy chirpy plotless musical with the same disneychannelesque songs?!? maybe twice was enough.
but noooo hsm3 really proved that Hsm was really more than that. It was a (omg i can't believe I'm using gid's word here) glorious climax and definitely a glorious ending to the trilogy! (OH WAIT THERE'S 4 I HEARD. but screw it it has all the calafare characters so nah)
hahaha poor debs gave this priceless look when Gabriella popped up in the middle of the bleachers and started singign to Troy on the court.
I thought that this time the songs really had a lot of thought put into it.
like they were definitely slightly more alternative(and tune-wise complex) compared to hsm1 and 2
yes plotlessness and all, it's definitely a show worth watching. just watching the awesome props and experiencing the whole theatrical experience is :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment